This outlines the process of activating and downloading the license file for your Ansys entitlements.
- Ansys Account
- Internet connection is required to activate and download the license file.
- Ansys license manager v2021 R1 installed on your license server.
- Log into the Ansys Licensing Portal using your Ansys Customer Portal credentials.
- Select your license server machine HostID or Add this information and download your license file.
- Install/Add your license file on your license server machine.
Configuring the license server
If you use a firewall at your site and if you run ANSYS products outside the firewall that access the license server within the firewall, you will need to add the Licensing Interconnect and FlexNet port numbers to the exceptions list, as well as the PORT designated on the VENDOR line of the license file.
By default, these port numbers are: Licensing Interconnect: 2325, FlexNet: 1055, VENDOR: dynamic. The VENDOR port is dynamic by default, but can be set to static by adding port number to your license file as shown:
SERVER license_server DISK_SERIAL_NUM=1e324fdc 1055
VENDOR ansyslmd PORT=1056
Once the ports are updated, add these ports; 2325, 1055 and 1056 to your exception lists to allow access to the license server.