We have the following guidelines on activating an Ansys entitlement, downloading, and installing the license file into the Ansys license manager.
- Ansys license manager 2021 R1 and newer installed on a supported license server.
- Ansys Support Coordinator (ASC) or Admin access to the ANSYS Licensing Portal.
- Root or Admin privilege on the license server machine to install the license file.
License server HostID information
- Your license server HostID information can be obtained from the Ansys license manager installed on your license server machine.
- Open the Ansys license management center, navigate to "License File Options" -> "Get System HostID information".
- "Save to file" the first MAC address HostID information (if there is more than 1).
- Log into the Ansys Licensing Portal using your Ansys credentials.
- Activate your entitlement by adding or uploading the license server Host ID information you saved from the Ansys license manager on your license server.
- Save and download the license file.
Configuring the license server
If you use a firewall or on a secure network, you will have to add the ports used by the Ansys license manager to your exceptions list.
- The 'ansyslmd' vendor daemon port is dynamic (random) when you receive your license file.
- To set the default static port for the Vendor Daemon, add 'port=1056' at the end of the VENDOR line in your license file,
SERVER license_server DISK_SERIAL_NUM=1e324fdc 1055
VENDOR ansyslmd port=1056
- Once the VENDOR port is added to your license file, add the TCP ports; 1055,1056, and 2325 to your exception lists to allow access to the license server.
- If different ports are used for the FlexNet and VENDOR Deamon in the license file, add these ports together with the Licensing Interconnect (2325) port to your exception list.
- If the default FlexNet (1055) port is not used, the client computer accessing the license should specify the port in the Lumerical license configuration utility.
Notes: If Ansys LM is running, "Stop" the license manager and edit the "ansyslmd.lic" file to add a static port for the VENDOR Daemon. This file is found in the installation folder: (admin rights required)
- Windows: "C:\Ansys Inc\Shared Files\Licensing\License Files\"
- Linux: "/ansys_inc/shared_files/licensing/license_files/"
Installing the license file
- Open the Ansys license management center.
- Navigate to "License file options" -> "Add a license file".
- Browse to the location of your license file and add the license file.
- Restart the license manager when prompted.