We have the following guidelines on activating an Ansys entitlement, downloading, and installing the license file into the Ansys license manager.
- Ansys license manager 2021 R1 and newer installed on a supported license server.
- Ansys Support Coordinator (ASC) or Admin access to the ANSYS Licensing Portal.
- Root or Admin privilege on the license server machine to install the license file.
License server HostID information
The license server HostID information is required to generate the license file by Ansys or to activate your entitlement in the Ansys licensing portal and download the license file.
- Your license server HostID information can be obtained from the Ansys license manager installed on your server.
- Open the Ansys license management center, navigate to "License File Options" -> "Get System HostID information".
- "Save to file" the first MAC address HostID information (if there is more than 1).
- Log into the Ansys Licensing Portal using your Ansys credentials.
- Activate your entitlement by adding or uploading the license server Host ID information you saved from the Ansys license manager on your license server.
- Save and download the license file.
Configuring the license server
If you use a firewall or on a secure network, you will have to add the ports used by the Ansys license manager to your exceptions list.
- The 'ansyslmd' vendor daemon port is dynamic (random) when you receive your license file.
- To set the default static port for the Vendor Daemon, add 'port=1056' at the end of the VENDOR line in your license file,
SERVER license_server DISK_SERIAL_NUM=1e324fdc 1055
VENDOR ansyslmd port=1056
- Once the VENDOR port is added to your license file, add the TCP ports; 1055,1056, and 2325 to your exception lists to allow access to the license server.
- If different ports are used for the FlexNet and VENDOR Deamon in the license file, add these ports together with the Licensing Interconnect (2325) port to your exception list.
- If the default FlexNet (1055) port is not used, the client computer accessing the license should specify the port in the Lumerical license configuration utility.
Notes: If Ansys LM is running, "Stop" the license manager and edit the "ansyslmd.lic" file to add a static port for the VENDOR Daemon. This file is found in the installation folder: (admin rights required)
- Windows: "C:\Ansys Inc\Shared Files\Licensing\License Files\"
- Linux: "/ansys_inc/shared_files/licensing/license_files/"
Installing the license file
- Open the Ansys license management center.
- Navigate to "License file options" -> "Add a license file".
- Browse to the location of your license file and add the license file.
- Restart the license manager when prompted.