This article provides the standard installation process of Lumerical's products on supported Linux systems.
- Download the installation package. (registration required).
- Change directory to the download location and unpack the installation files.
$ cd ~/Downloads
$ tar -zxf Lumerical-<version>.tar.gz
Default installation (install.sh)
Note: The install.sh script will install into the directory:
- Change directory to the extracted folder and run the install script with sudo access.
$ cd Lumerical-<version>/
$ sudo sh ./install.sh
- This will download and install any missing dependencies on your system.
- During the process, you might be prompted to 'uninstall other versions' (default) or 'continue without removing the previous versions' on your machine.
y) uninstall other versions of Lumerical products
n) Continue without uninstall
- Enter the desired option and complete the installation.