This article provides the standard installation process of Lumerical products on supported Linux systems.
- Administrator or root access is required.
- Floating licenses must have the FlexNet license manager installed on one (1) of the computer in the local network.
- Download the installation package. (registration required).
- Change directory to the download location and unpack the installation files.
$ cd ~/Downloads
$ tar -zxf Lumerical-<version>.tar.gz
- Change directory to the extracted folder and run the install script with root access.
$ cd Lumerical-<version>/
$ sudo sh ./install.sh
- During the process, you might be prompted to 'uninstall other versions' (default) or 'continue without removing the previous versions' on your machine.
y) uninstall other versions of Lumerical products
n) Continue without uninstall
- Enter desired option and complete the installation.
- FlexNet license manager installation
- Floating trusted storage license activation
- Certificate based license activation
- Configure product license