This article provides the standard installation process for Lumerical's products on supported Windows systems.
Lumerical product installation
- Download the installation package. (registration required).
- Open windows explorer and go to where you saved the downloaded zip file.
- Right click on the zip file and 'Extract All'.
- Open the extracted folder and run 'Lumerical_Installer.exe'.
- Click Install when prompted, to install the required MPI components.
The prompt appears if the components are not found on your machine.
- Follow the instructions on the installation wizard and complete the installation.
- Notes: Ansys SSO login exemption allows Lumerical to login into your Ansys account on "localhost:8096". Enabling the MPI firewall exemptions adds the rule to your firewall and allow running simulations using the bundled MPIs on localhost.
- Connect to your License server. Alternately, you may request a free 30-day evaluation license.
Uninstall or remove Lumerical
Uninstall from the Settings page
- Select Start, then select Settings > Apps > Apps & features.
- Select the app you want to remove, and then select Uninstall.
Uninstall from the Control Panel (for programs)
- Open Control Panel
- Select Programs > Programs and Features.
- Select the application/program you want to remove and select 'Uninstall'.
- Follow the directions to remove the application from your machine.