The Floating USB key license model is another certificate base license, that uses a license file.
This license models allows the license to be transferred across different machines here you want to host FlexLM. There is no limit to the number of times the license is moved from one machine to another.
This license model is rarely the best option, but it is best used in secure environments where computers are not in a local network. This is the best license model for portability option. e.g. for those transferring from one computer to another on non-networked systems.
As with all other Floating license, USB key licenses can be shared across users within the local network and is supported across all platforms, Windows, Linux and macOS.
- Administrator or root access is required.
- This model is a certificate base license.
- License installation is done Offline with the USB Key and a license file.
- There is an extra charge for the USB key.
- FlexLM is required to be installed on the computer where the license will be hosted.
- The license can be moved to different machines.
- Use of the license requires both the USB Key and the license file in the machine hosting FlexLM.
- USB key and license file will be supplied by Lumerical
Transfer of license
The license can be transferred to different machines for the duration of the license.
On the current machine:
- Stop FlexLM and unplug/remove the USB key.
On the other / new machine:
- Install FlexLM with the USB driver install option checked and install/import the license file that came with your USB key (done once).
- Plug the USB key (required every time).
- Restart FlexLM.