The Floating USB key license model is another certificate base license, that uses a license file.
This license models allows the license to be transferred across different machines here you want to host FlexLM. There is no limit to the number of times the license is moved from one machine to another.
This license model is rarely the best option, but it is best used in secure environments where computers are not in a local network. This is the best license model for portability option. e.g. for those transferring from one computer to another on non-networked systems.
As with all other Floating license, mac locked licenses can be shared across users within the local network and is supported across all platforms, Windows, Linux and macOS.
- Administrator or root access is required.
- This model uses the certificate base license which uses a license file as its mode of activation.
- License installation is done Offline with the USB Key and a license file.
- There is an extra charge for the USB key.
- FlexLM is required to be installed on the computer where the license will be hosted.
- License activation is done Offline with the USB Key and the associated license file.
- The license can be moved to different machines by installing the license file and plugging the USB key into the machine where FlexLM is installed.
- Both the USB device and the license file must be on the machine where the FlexNet license manager is installed to be able to access the license.
Transfer of license
The license can be transferred unto different machines for the duration of the license.
- Install FlexLM on the other machine.
- Stop FlexLM on the current machine.
- Install the license file into the other machine.
- Plug the USB key into the other machine
- Restart FlexLM on the other machine
- The FlexNet dashboard on the new machine should show the available licenses.