The Floating MAC locked license model is used as an alternatively license when there is an issue with the default Floating trusted storage license.
Additionally, customers that manage their licenses with Flexera's LMTOOLS and the command line version of FlexLM, lmgrd, will require this license model.
As with all other Floating license, mac locked licenses can be shared across users within the local network and is supported across all platforms, Windows, Linux and macOS.
- Administrator or root access is required.
- This model is a certificate based license, which uses a license file as its mode of activation.
- License activation is done Offline with the license file.
- FlexLM is required to be installed on 1 of the computer on the local network.
- The license will be locked to the MAC address of the machine hosting FlexLM.
Transfer of license
The license will be locked to the machine with the corresponding mac address. It cannot be transferred or hosted on a different machine for the duration of the license. A new license will have to be issued when transferring a MAC locked license to a different computer. Contact Lumerical for details.