Lumerical's FlexNet license manager uses the the graphical version of FlexLM, "lmadmin", which is accessed using the web interface, FlexNet dashboard. This page explains how to use the FlexNet Dashboard to control the license manager (eg. start, stop, re-read license, enable logging, etc).
- Administrator or root privilege is required.
- Graphical interface or desktop environment is required.
- FlexNet Dashboard
- Administration section
The FlexNet dashboard can be opened from any Internet browser that has accessed to the machine hosting the FlexNet license manager.
- On the same computer where FlexLM is hosted, open the link: http://localhost:8095
- If accessing from a different computer where FlexLM is hosted, open the browser using the link: http://<license_server>:8095
*Replace <license_server> with the HostName or IP of the machine running FlexLM.
- The main dashboard page shows the available licenses for checkout.
- To access the administration section, click on the Administration link on the upper right corner of the page.
- Enter the Username and Password.
- If this is the first time you have logged in to the dashboard the default username and password is "admin" for both (without the quotes).
- Please change the password after initial login to secure the license manager dashboard.
- The password can be changed from the User Configuration section.
This page provides information about FlexLM and the machine hosting the license manager, such as:
- Version of FlexNet
- The communication port used
- Computer Name of the machine
- IP address
- Ethernet or MAC Address
- USB Key ID or FLEX ID (if present)
Shows the list of Users and make changes to existing user's settings or create a new user.
- To Edit a User setting, click on on the User's name or 'Edit'.
- You can edit the user information and set a new user password.
- To Delete a user, click on "Delete" along the row of the "user" to be deleted.
- To create a New User, click on the "New" button on the top left corner.
- Create "Locally Managed Admin" users - which will have Admin access to this FlexLM.
- The user name and password is required.
- Optionally, the password can be set to expire.
- Another method to change the default admin password is to click on the Change Password link found at the lower left corner of the page.
This will allow us to define how the license manager send out notifications that is shown on the dashboard or when opening the design software and accessing the license manager.
Do not use 'Stop Server' button on this page. To Stop/Start the license manager, see Managing FlexLM.
Web server configuration
- Web server port can be changed here. Default port: TCP 8095.
Secure Web Server Configuration
- This will allow enabling secure web access and redirect non-secure web access.
- Set or change the HTTPS port.
License Server Configuration
- Set or change the license manager and the Vendor Daemon listening ports.
- Default ports:
- License manager port: TCP 27011
- Vendor daemon listening port: TCP 42128
- Web server port: TCP 8095
- Allows us to change what type of information will be logged by the vendor daemon
- View the license manager log files
- We can control what information will be displayed on the dashboard
- Activatable: Shows the license that has been activated with their corresponding information.
This option shows the Activation Code of the license.
- Concurrent: Shows the license feature that is available for checkout, together with the corresponding license details.
- Setting the dashboard to be password protected, users will not be able to view the dashboard without providing the Administrator username and password.
When setting the UI display to Activatable or Both, please Secure the dashboard by setting the "Dashboard to be Password Protected" and change the default password.
Vendor daemon configuration
We have the options:
- Add or import a license file
- Stop / Start the Vendor Daemon
- Reread the license files
- Set the report log file
- View or change the folder or location of the license files
- Change the Vendor Daemon listening port. Default is TCP port 42128
- View or change the location of the vendor daemon log file.
- Allow overwriting of the LUMERICL daemon log file. This will reset and create a new LUMERICL daemon log file every time the license manager is started.