Lumerical FlexNet license manager (FlexLM) uses the the graphical version of the license manager, "lmadmin", which is accessed using the web interface, FlexNet dashboard. This page explains how to use the FlexNet Dashboard to configure the license manager (eg. install license files, enable logging, change the ports, etc). The FlexNet dashboard can be opened from any Internet browser that has accessed to the license server machine on TCP port 8095. The main dashboard page shows the available licenses for checkout.
Accessing the FlexNet dashboard
- On the license server where FlexLM is running, open the link on a browser: http://localhost:8095
- If accessing from a different computer, not the license server machine, open the browser using the link:
http://license_server:8095Where: license_server is the HostName or IP of the machine running FlexLM
- The dashboard shows the list of available license for 'checkout'
FlexNet license manager administration and configuration
To access the administration section, click on the "Administration" link on the upper right corner of the page. Enter the administrator username and password.
Note: If this is the first time you have logged in to the dashboard the default username and password is "admin" for both (without the quotes). We recommend changing the password from the User Configuration tab after your first login.
Details about FlexLM and the license server, such as:
- Version of FlexNet publisher dashboard
- License manager port
- IP address (could be more than 1)
- Ethernet/MAC Address of the license server (could be more than 1)
- USB Key ID or FLEX ID (if present)
Shows the list of Users and make changes to existing settings, delete or create Users.
Configure how the license manager sends out notifications on the dashboard or to the client machine accessing the license.
License server configuration
Do not use 'Stop Server' button on this page. To Stop/Start the license manager, see How to start, stop, or restart FlexLM
Configure or make changes to the following:
- Web server
- Change the default TCP port 8095
- Secure Web Server
- Enable and set secure web server access
- License Server
- Change the default TCP port 27011
- License server logging
- Set location and view the log file with the built-in viewer
- User Interface
- Define what license information is shown on the dashboard.
Note: When setting the UI display to 'Activatable' or 'Both', please Secure the dashboard by setting the "Dashboard to be Password Protected" and change the default password.
Vendor Daemon configuration
- This section is where we import the license file and 're-read' the license file.
- Also to change the settings for the LUMERICL daemon. i.e. change the default TCP port 42128
- Change the location of the license files