There are two methods of deactivating Node trusted storage license.
- Online deactivation mode - requires an Internet connection and is generally faster and easier.
This is the recommended method of deactivating your license.
- Offline deactivation mode - is an alternative method when there is No Internet Connection on the machine where the license is currently activated. This is done by generating an 'offline requestXML file' and sending this to Lumerical. A 'responseXML file' will be provided to complete the activation process. Offline method is only available for Purchased Licenses.
- Open the 'Launcher' from your Windows Desktop or macOS LaunchPad
- Go to the 'Licenses' section on the left.
- Select 'Node locked' tab then 'Licenses' tab
- Choose 'Online Mode'
- Select the license to deactivate from the list and 'Deactivate'.
- It might take several minutes to deactivate and remove the license from your list.
- Open the Launcher from your Windows Desktop or macOS LaunchPad
- Go to the Licenses section on the left column.
- Select Node locked tab then the Activate tab.
- Choose Offline Mode.
- Go to the Licenses tab under the Node locked tab
- From the list of activated licenses, Select the license to deactivate.
- Then 'Deactivate' the license.
- A 'Save as' dialog windows appears.
- Browse to your desired folder and save the Offline RequestXML file.
- Send the file to Ansys/Lumerical Support to obtain a ResponseXML file.
- Save the ResponseXML file into the machine where you generated the Offline RequestXML file.
- Open the Launcher and use the ResponseXML file to complete the process.