This articles covers the process of activating a Floating trusted storage license.
There are two methods of activating Floating trusted storage license.
- Online Mode - requires an Internet connection and is generally faster and easier.
This is the recommended method of activation.
- Offline Mode - an alternative method when there is No Internet Connection on the machine where the license will be activated. This is done by generating an 'offline requestXML file' and sending this to Lumerical. A 'responseXML file' will be provided to complete the activation process.
This mode of activation is only available for Purchased Licenses.
Save your activation code
- Please keep your Activation Code for your records.
- License cannot be Activated on more than 1 machine at a time.
- If you need to change anything on your license server or transfer the license to a different machine, you can Deactivate the license beforehand and Activate after.
- License can be deactivated up to three (3) times in a year.
- Please protect your license and Deactivate them if you want to change anything or upgrade your machine. See Protecting your license.
- Lumerical takes no responsibility and will not replace Untrusted or Lost licenses.
FlexLM activation utility
- After installing the FlexLM on one of your computer, it should open with the activation utility.
- Otherwise, the FlexLM activation utility can be opened with the following:
Start -> All Programs -> Lumerical -> Lumerical FlexLM -> Activate or Deactivate a license
$ sudo /opt/lumerical/lumerical-flexlm/lumerical-activation-utility
Applications -> Lumerical -> Lumerical FlexLM -> Lumerical Activation Utility
- This is the recommended process.
- Its is the most convenient and fastest method, allowing the use of the product right after activation.
- Activating a Floating trusted storage license is done with the FlexNet license manager (FlexLM).
- Open the FlexLM activation utility.
- Select the Activation tab.
- Choose Online Mode and enter your activation code on the space provided.
- Activate your license.
- This may take several minutes, depending on the network connection, during which time the utility may appear inactive.
- Once successfully completed, the license will be listed with a status of Activated and shows the expiry date.
Offline activation is only available for paid licenses. Trial or CUE program licenses must be activated using the Online Mode.
- To Activate using the Offline mode,
- Open FlexNet activation utility.
- Go to the Activation tab.
- Choose Offline Mode and enter your activation code on the space provided
- Activate your license.
- A 'Save as' dialog windows appears.
- Browse to your desired location in your local machine
- Save the Offline RequestXML file.
- Send Offline RequestXML file to Lumerical to obtain a ResponseXML file.
- Save the ResponseXML file provided by Lumerical into the machine where you generated the RequestXML file.
- Open the FlexLM activation utility and use the ResponseXML file to complete the process.