License files are used for certificate based licenses models. The license file is required on the machine hosting the FlexNet license manager for these license models.
This guide applies to the following license models.
Modifying the license file
The license file can be modified depending on your license model and FlexLM installation.
- Open and edit the license file using a text editor like notepad, vi, nano or vim.
- Change the actual HostName of the machine which corresponds to the mac address on the license file.
Mac locked and USB key license
- There is no need to change anything on the license file.
Triad Redundant license
License server ports and daemon listening ports are required to define quorum ports in a triad configuration. Edit the license file as shown below before using.
- Replace "this_host##" with the 3 machine's hostnames.
i.e. "LUM_LICSERVER1, LUM_LICSERVER2, LUM_LICSERVER3"
- Add the port to be used by the license manager and the vendor daemon.
i.e. Default TCP ports: 27011 & 42128
- Ensuring the first server line, is the Primary or Master license server.
- Import / install the license file into the 3 triad license servers.
#Please Do not delete this comment line.
SERVER LUM_LICSERVER1 0123456789AB 27011 PRIMARY_IS_MASTER
SERVER LUM_LICSERVER2 001122334455 27011
SERVER LUM_LICSERVER3 00AABB998877 27011
VENDOR LUMERICL port=42128
Installing the license file
Using FlexNet Dashboard
- Open the FlexNet Dashboard on the machine hosting FlexLM.
- You will be asked to Sign In with an administrator username and password. Unless otherwise changed, the default username and password is admin.
- Go to the Vendor Daemon Configuration
- Click the Import License button
- Then, Choose File, browse to where you save the license file received from Lumerical.
- Click Import License. If this is successful, you will see messages in green indicating the license file has been successfully imported.
- You can verify the status of your licenses by opening the FlexNet Dashboard.
- If the license does not appear on the dashboard, Re-read the license files or Restart FlexLM to apply the new license.
Command line installation
Linux and macOS
- Open Terminal
- Copy the license file that you received (e.g. saved in your 'local Desktop') into the FlexLM "licenses/LUMERICL" installation folder.
sudo cp /home/lumerical/Desktop/LicenseFile.lic /opt/lumerical/lumerical-flexlm/licenses/LUMERICL/
- Change owner of the license file to lumlmadmin so that the Lumerical FlexLM is able to access this license file.
sudo chown lumlmadmin /opt/lumerical/lumerical-flexlm/licenses/LUMERICL/*.lic
- Re-read the license file or Restart FlexLM to apply the new license file.
- Use the FlexNet Dashboard to view and check license availability.