License files are used for certificate based licenses models. The license file is required on the machine hosting the FlexNet license manager for these license models.
This guide applies to the following license models.
Importing the license file
Using FlexNet Dashboard
- Open the FlexNet Dashboard on the machine hosting FlexLM.
- You will be asked to Sign In with an administrator username and password. Unless otherwise changed, the default username and password is admin.
- Go to the Vendor Daemon Configuration
- Click the Import License button
- Then, Choose File, browse to where you save the license file received from Lumerical.
- Click Import License. If this is successful, you will see messages in green indicating the license file has been successfully imported.
- You can verify the status of your licenses by opening the FlexNet Dashboard.
- If the license does not appear on the dashboard, Restart Flex License Manager to apply the new license.
- If your new license is a license extension or renewal of your current license that is still valid, your new license will not be available right away.
- Once your existing license expire, then the new license will show on the dashboard and available for checkout.
See: Multiple license activation for details.
- One of the common error that you may encounter is the message:
"License file exists. Cannot overwrite an existing file, licenses/LUMERICL/LicenseFile.lic, unless overwrite option is enabled"
- This is because all our license file have the same filename; 'License.lic'
- If the current license is still valid: Rename your new 'license file'.
- Please only use alphabets and numbers for the file name (e.g. LicenseFile2013.lic).
- If the license has expired. During the import process, select "Overwrite License File on License Server" to overwrite your previous license file when using the same 'filename'.
Command line installation
Linux and macOS
- Open Terminal
- Copy the license file that you saved in your local folder (e.g. ~/Desktop) into the FlexLM "licenses/LUMERICL" (default) installation folder.
sudo cp /home/lumerical/Desktop/LicenseFile.lic /opt/lumerical/lumerical-flexlm/licenses/LUMERICL/
- Change owner of the license file to lumlmadmin so that the license manager is able to access it
sudo chown lumlmadmin /opt/lumerical/lumerical-flexlm/licenses/LUMERICL/LicenseFile.lic
- Restart FlexLM to apply the new license file.
Use the FlexNet Dashboard to view and check license availability.