This article explains how to install a license file (certificate) on a standard/default installation of Lumerical FlexLM. License files are used for MAC, USB key and Triad redundant licenses. The license may be installed through graphical FlexNet Publisher dashboard or from the command line.
For Triad redundant licenses, the triad servers and ports must be specified on the license file before this is imported as described in the notes below.
Import the license file using FlexNet Dashboard
- Open the FlexNet Dashboard on the machine hosting FlexLM.
- You will be asked to Sign In with an administrator username and password. Unless otherwise changed, the default username and password is admin.
- Go to the Vendor Daemon Configuration
- Click the Import License button and select the license file.
- If this is successful, you will see messages in green indicating the license file has been successfully imported.
- You can verify the status of your licenses by opening the FlexNet Dashboard.
- If the license does not appear on the dashboard, Re-read the license files or Restart FlexLM to apply the new license.
Import the license file using the command line
Licenses that start in the future
The Flexnet publisher dashboard only shows active licenses. Licenses that start in the future will not be listed. See: Multiple license activation for details.
License file already exists warning message
The error message "License file exists. Cannot overwrite an existing file, licenses/LUMERICL/LicenseFile.lic, unless overwrite option is enabled" occurs when the new license file has the same name as an existing file. Give the file a unique name to avoid this problem. Appending the date to the filename may be convenient. Don't use any special characters in the file name, only alphanumeric characters.
Specifying the triad configuration (Triad redundant license ONLY)
Before importing the license file, triad redundant licenses must be updated to specify the triad configuration. Aside from the HostNames of the triad servers, the license server and daemon listening ports are required to define the quorum ports in a triad configuration. Edit the license file as shown below. (example shown uses the default ports used by Lumerical FlexLM).
- Replace 'this_host#' with the 3 triad machines's HostNames.
- Add the port to be used by the license manager and the vendor daemon.
- Ensure the first server line, is the Primary or Master license server.
- Import the license file into the 3 triad license servers.
#Please Do not delete this comment line.
SERVER LUM_LICSERVER1 0123456789AB 27011 PRIMARY_IS_MASTER
SERVER LUM_LICSERVER2 001122334455 27011
SERVER LUM_LICSERVER3 00AABB998877 27011
VENDOR LUMERICL port=42128