This article illustrates how to obtain the license activation status and explains the different license states that you may see in the FlexLM activation utility or the product launcher's license configuration utility.
- Checking the license status of a Floating trusted storage license
- Checking the license status of a Node trusted storage license
- The different activation states
Checking the license status of a Floating trusted storage licenses
Open the FlexNet activation utility and navigate to the Activation tab.
Checking the license status of a Node trusted storage license
- To access the activation status of a Node license, open the Launcher from your Windows Desktop or macOS LaunchPad where the Node license is activated.
- Navigate to the Licenses section on the left column.
- Select Node locked tab then the Licenses tab
- This will show the list of activated license and their current state.
Different activation states
The license status can be any of the following:
- Your license is 'Active' and available for use.
- A license that hasn't started yet (start date is in the future) shows as "Activated" as well, but you would not be able to use the license.
See: Multiple license activation for details.
This activation status can be caused by one of the following two reasons.
- During "Online" license deactivation, and a connection error occurred, this can cause the deactivation to fail.
- If you have performed "Offline" deactivation and haven't completed the process.
How to recover from 'Unknown, Disabled' state
- 'Deactivate' the license that has become 'Unknown, Disabled' using the Online Mode.
- If 'Online Deactivation' does not fix the issue, do an 'Offline Deactivation' on the affected license and send the 'offline deactivation requestXML' file to Lumerical Support with the subject, "Offline deactivation to recover from Unknown, Disabled license".
- This generally means that your license has become Untrusted because the license manager has detected substantial changes to your hardware, operating system or your system clock has been modified.
- If you have modified your system clock, please revert your clock back to the original time and you should be able to recover from the Untrusted state.
This happens when:
- System / hard drive failure and everything was reinstalled on the machine running FlexLM, without deactivating the license first.
- The FlexNet license activation utility's status window is now empty.
Upgrading the Lumerical Product Suite or FlexNet License Manager (uninstalling the old version and installing the new version) should not cause any issues with your license. There should be no need to deactivate your license to upgrade Lumerical Product Suite or FlexNet license manager, unless specifically indicated by Lumerical in the upgrade process.
How to recover from an 'Untrusted' or 'Lost' license
See Protecting and recovering your license for details.