This article illustrates how to obtain the license activation status and explains the different license states that you may see in the FlexLM activation utility and product launcher's license configuration utility.
- The activation status is available to both Node and Floating trusted storage license that is activated using an 8 digit alphanumeric code.
- If both license models, Node and Floating trusted storage license are activated on the same machine, both the FlexLM activation utility and the products license configuration should be opened to check all activated licenses' state on the machine.
FlexLM Activation utility
For Floating licenses
See: FlexNet license activation utility for details.
For Node licenses
- To access the activation status of a Node license, open the Launcher from your Windows Desktop or macOS LaunchPad where the Node license is activated.
- Go to the Licenses section on the left column.
- Select Node locked tab then Licenses tab
- This will show the list of activated license and their current state.
The license state can be any of the following:
- Your license is 'Active' and available for use.
- A license that hasn't started yet (start date is in the future) shows as "Activated" as well, but you would not be able to use the license.
See: Multiple license activation for details.
This activation status can be caused by one of the following two reasons.
- During "Online" license deactivation, and a connection error occurred, this can cause the deactivation to fail.
- If you have performed "Offline" deactivation and haven't completed the process, your license is "Unknown, Disabled" state.
Recover from 'Unknown, Disabled' state
- 'Deactivate' the license that has become 'Unknown, Disabled' using the Online Mode.
- If Online Deactivation does not fix the issue, do an 'Offline Deactivation' on the affected license and send the 'offline deactivation requestXML' file to Lumerical Support with the subject, "Offline deactivation to recover from 'Unknown, Disabled' license".
- This generally means that your license has become Untrusted because the license manager has detected substantial changes to your hardware, operating system or your system clock has been modified.
- If you have modified your system clock, please revert your clock back to the original time and you should be able to recover from the Untrusted state.
This happens when the machine hosting FlexLM;
- System / hard drive failure and everything was reinstalled without deactivating the license first.
- License is Lost if the activation utility's status window is empty. eg. there is no activated license
Upgrading the Lumerical Product Suite or FlexNet License Manager (uninstalling the old version and installing the new version) should not cause any issues with your license.
There is no need to deactivate your license to upgrade Lumerical or FlexLM.