Typically, there should only be one (1) activated license shown on your license activation utility. There are some cases where you will have multiple activated licenses (multiple rows) for the same product or feature.
The licenses shown on the dashboard might be inconsistent when there are more than 1 license with different validity dates, and/or licenses that starts in the future, which is referred to as 'future license'.
When there are multiple licenses for the same product, but with different expiry dates, the licenses shown in the FlexNet dashboard can be misleading because it only shows one expiry date.
For example, you have 1 FDTD license that expires on July 31. Additionally, you have a 2nd FDTD license from a training course that expires July 24. When both licenses are active, such as on July 20, the FlexNet dashboard correctly shows that you have 2 FDTD licenses. However, because the dashboard combines all the licenses into a single row, it only displays a single date - July 31 (the later date). This can be misleading since 1 FDTD license actually expires on July 24 and not 2 FDTD licenses expire on July 31. So on July 25, only 1 FDTD license will be shown on the dashboard.
Future license activation
The activation code for the 'renewal' license is typically provided before the ;current; license expire.
All licenses can be activated even before the 'Start Date'. 'Activated' license will show up on the activation utility for both Floating and Node licenses.
For Floating license, it is important to understand that 'future licenses' will not be shown in the FlexNet dashboard.
- The date is July 16, 2014.
- There is an existing FDTD license that expires in July 17, 2014, e.g. 'current license'.
- A new license is issued that has a start date of July 18, 2014, e.g. 'future license'.
- Once the future license has been activated on July 16, 2019, both the 'current' and 'future license' will be visible in the FlexNet activation utility.
- However, only the 'current license' will be shown in the FlexNet dashboard.
- On July 18, 2014, once the 'future license' starts, the 'current license' will disappear from the FlexNet activation utility.
- Now the FlexNet dashboard will show the new expiry date for the 'future license'.