This article explains how to checkout a Floating license.
Obtain a license from a FlexLM running on a different computer
- Open the Launcher
- Navigate to Licenses > Floating tab
- Enter the HostName or IP of the license server on the Server field
- Use Default port. Otherwise specify the port number.
If you have a managed network or a dedicated license server, consult with your IT Department or System Administrator for this information.
- Apply to save and apply your settings.
- Close and re-open the Product Launcher.
- Clicking on the "View your active license on the FlexNet dashboard" link at the bottom, allows you to verify if the license server is running and see the list of available licenses.
Triad redundant license servers ONLY
Check "Configure redundant servers" and enter the HostNames or IP of your triad license servers.
FlexLM is running on the same machine
- If your license manager is running on the same computer as your Lumerical software, then no configuration is required. Simply start your Lumerical software.
- If you receive a licensing error, ensure that 'localhost' is set as your Server and 'Default port' is selected.