Lumerical's unified product launcher is available starting with the 2019b release.
Running the launcher
Use the icon on your Desktop,
Start the icon on your Launchpad or in Finder > Applications,
From Terminal, run the command,
(default installation path shown)
- The launcher opens with the Examples page.
- Click on an application example for details or to download and run the example.
- Support Registration is required to download the Application Examples.
- This section show all activated licenses that are available for 'Checkout' from the current license source, as indicated at the bottom right corner.
- If you have the license for the product or feature, 'Checkout' button will be shown.
The option to enable 'Automatic Checkout' will also be available. This option enables 'reservation' of the license even before it is being used. The license will be 'checkout' every time the Launcher is open and running (even in the background).
- Opening the product or using the feature will automatically checkout the license.
- Otherwise, if there is no license for the said product or feature from the current license source, it will show as 'Unavailable'
Activate a Node license
- See: Node license activation for details.
Obtain a Floating license
- To access the FlexLM hosted on a different machine on your network, enter the HostName or IP of the machine running FlexLM on the Floating tab in the Licenses section. Specify the port number if this has been changed. Otherwise use Default port.
- If you have a managed network or a dedicated license server, consult with your IT Department or System Administrator for this information.
- If you have FlexLM on the same machine, use 'localhost' on the Server field.
- Apply to save and apply your settings.
Open and launch Products, depending on your license.
- Go to the Products section from the left column on the Launcher.
- Click New and select the Product to launch
- Or use the New Project button to the right of the list.