Activate a Node locked license
Connect to a Floating license
- To access a license on a different machine, enter the HostName or IP of the license server on the Floating tab in the Licenses section.
- Use Default port. Otherwise specify the port number.
If you have a managed network or a dedicated license server, consult with your IT Department or System Administrator for this information.
- If you activated your Floating license on the same machine, use 'localhost' as the server.
- Apply to save and apply your settings.
- Close and re-open the Product Launcher.
Check out and reserving licenses
When running complex multi solver workflows, we recommend checking out all required licenses in advance, to prevent job failures due to licenses being unavailable.
- Navigate to the License section and select the Status tab
- The Status tab shows licenses that are available for 'Checkout' from the current license source.
The license source is indicated at the bottom right corner.
- If you have the license for the product or feature, 'Checkout' button will be Enabled.
- The option to set 'Automatic Checkout' will also be available.
- Automatic Checkout enables 'reservation' of the license even before it is being actually used.
- With this feature enabled, the license will be 'checked out' by you, every time the Launcher is open and kept running, even if the product is not yet opened/running.