Once your cluster is configured for Ansys Lumerical, you can submit or run your simulation on your cluster as shown here. See this article if you have not configured your cluster for Ansys Lumerical.
The video shows how to:
- Setup your simulations on a local computer (prep).
- Run the simulations and sweeps on the cluster. The simulation job can either be run directly with MPI from the command line or submit the job to your scheduler.
- Complete your analysis on the local computer (post).
- Running the simulation on the cluster without the CAD/GUI only requires the solve license. The GUI license is only utilized when creating (prep) the simulation and doing the analysis (post) on the local machine with the Lumerical CAD/GUI.
- We are focusing on FDTD and varFDTD, which offer the possibility of both distributed and concurrent computing.
- Running simulations (sweeps) simultaneously across several nodes will require an additional solve license for each node that is used to run the simulation.
- Lumerical must be of the same release/version on all nodes.
- The submission script and how you submit jobs will vary depending on your cluster and job scheduler.
- Please coordinate with your IT department on how to submit jobs on your cluster.