The above video shows how to:
- Setup your simulations on a local computer.
- Run the simulations and sweeps on the cluster. These simulation can either be run directly with MPI from the command line, using a job scheduler or integrating Lumerical's job manager with your cluster's job scheduler.
- Complete your analysis on the local computer.
- We are focusing on FDTD and varFDTD, which offer the possibility of both distributed and concurrent computing.
- Running simulations simultaneously, across several computers/nodes will require an additional license for each additional node running the simulation.
- Product software must be of the same release version on all nodes.
- The example provided here is for the PBS scheduler.
- Please coordinate with your IT department Administrator on how to configure and run FDTD simulations or submit jobs to your cluster.
- The submission script and how you submit to your cluster will vary depending on your cluster and job scheduler.
Running simulation jobs with PBS scheduler (example)
Lumerical Job Scheduler Integration Configuration (Slurm, Torque, LSF, SGE)
Job Scheduler Submission Scripts (SGE, Slurm, Torque)
Running CAD jobs on headless compute instances (.lsf, .py, LumOpt)
Configuring your cluster for Lumerical software