Creating the license server
- From the EC2 dashboard, select Instances on the left column and Launch instance.
- Choose Windows Server 2016 base, from the Amazon's quick start AMIs.
- Select the instance type, t2.micro.
- Configure instance details, using your VPC and Subnet.
- Use default settings for everything else.
- Add your storage size, Volume type as General purpose SSD (gps)
- Use your existing security group you created.
- Review and Launch instance
This might take a few minutes to create and have the new instance running.
- Once the instance is Running, Connect to this instance
- Download the Remote Desktop connection shortcut.
- Copy the Public IP shown and click Get Password
- Choose the key pair file that was created and saved from the previous step.
- Decrypt Password and save the Public IP, Username and Password shown.
- Configure server to allow Internet or web access to 'Administrators'
- Download and install FlexLM.
- Import/Install your Floating mac locked license file.
- Verify from the FlexLM dashboard that license are available for checkout.
- Take note of your license server's 'private IP address' from the AWS management console.
- Log off or disconnect from your license server.
- Ensure that this license server instance is always up and running when you run simulations on your compute node.
Note: We recommend using Amazon Linux for the license server. It can run a smaller instance (t3.nano) and the OS Licensing cost is much lower (resulting in 1/3 the cost) and simpler when using our AWS Linux AMIs. Create a Linux License Server here.