The object library provides additional simulation objects that can be used in your simulations. The center portion of the window shows the available objects in a tree format. When selected by the mouse, a larger image of the object is displayed at the bottom along with its object tree ID name and a more detailed description. To insert an object into the simulation, simply double-click the object and click the insert button at the bottom of the window. The object library can be opened to specific categories by choosing any option in the components or analysis button in the main toolbar. For users who are not connected to the Internet, the library will switch to Offline mode, which accesses a reduced version of library included with the local installation.At the bottom-right of the window, it will indicate whether you are using the local copy of the library (Offline) or viewing the online version (Online).
Some complex structures in the Object Library
Structures in the Object Library are organized by Structure Groups
Analysis groups in the Object Library
Analysis objects in the Object Library are organized by Analysis Groups
- CATEGORY: Choose to only display components of a certain category (e.g. extruded polygon, photonic crystals)
- TYPE: Choose to display the type of simulation object (e.g. structures, analysis groups)
- KEYWORDS: The object window will only show objects that match your keyword (e.g. hemisphere, waveguide)
- RESET: Sets the category to display 'all' and deletes any text in the keywords text box
- SEARCH: Activates the search for objects that match the keywords (the same function as pressing enter while in the text box)
- INSERT: Pastes the object into the simulation region centered at the current view port settings (same function as double-clicking the object)
Note: Modifying the object library
The object library is not user-modifiable, so users cannot add or delete objects in the object library. If you would like to re-use to your own custom object, one can copy and paste the object between simulation files or products.