With the OPTION PULL-DOWN set to "set calculation parameters", the frequency analysis tab contains parameters for the frequency sweep. Some of the parameters can be set through the script.
The parameters shown include:
- TRACK SELECTED MODE: check this box to track the selected mode in the mode list.
- START, STOP FREQUENCY: the first and last frequency at which the modes are solved for. If a particular mode is being tracked, the start frequency parameter defaults to the value used to initially calculate the modes within the MODAL ANALYSIS tab.
- START, STOP WAVELENGTH: the first and last wavelength at which the modes are solved for. If a particular mode is being tracked, the start wavelength defaults to the value used to initially calculate the modes within the MODAL ANALYSIS tab.
- NUMBER OF POINTS: The number of frequency/wavelength points to include in the sweep.
- NUMBER OF TEST MODES: This parameter sets the maximum number of modes to use for the sweep calculation. To track a single mode, this parameter is best set to approximately 3 in order to keep the computation time to a minimum (unless there are discontinuities in the sweep data, in which case this parameter will need to be increased slightly). If track selected mode is not set, then this parameter determines the maximum number of modes which are to be swept over the frequency/wavelength range of interest.
- EFFECTIVE INDEX: This parameter is used to specify the value of effective index around which the modes are solved for. Only valid when not tracking a selected mode.
- DETAILED DISPERSION CALCULATION: Calculate the mode properties at some additional frequencies to obtain more accurate dispersion data over the frequency/wavelength range of interest. This takes more time but gives a more accurate result.
- STORE MODE PROFILES WHILE TRACKING: This option is used for exporting to INTERCONNECT only. This will store the mode profiles for each frequency.
- BENT WAVEGUIDE: Select this option to sweep a waveguide which has a bend in it.
- Bend radius - the radius of curvature of the waveguide bend
- Bend orientation - the orientation of the bend; refer to Bent waveguide calculation in User Guide for more details.