The bulk generation (source) object allows the user to define a region of bulk optical generation. The region geometry as well as the parameters below can be specified:
- X, Y, Z: The center position of the simulation region
- X MIN, X MAX: X min, X max position
- Y MIN, Y MAX: Y min, Y max position
- Z MIN, Z MAX: Z min, Z max position
- X SPAN, Y SPAN, Z SPAN: X, Y, Z span of the simulation region
- USE RELATIVE COORDINATES: If this is enabled then the source will use the center or the CHARGE solver as its origin (reference). If disabled then it will use the absolute center (0,0,0) as its origin.
Bulk optical generation parameters
- ILLUMINATION FACE: The direction of illumination can be chosen by picking one of the six sides of the cubic region.
- SPECTRUM: The spectrum of the illumination can be chosen. For example, solar (AM 1.5G) will import the spectrum of the sun.
- MATERIAL: The semiconductor onto which the generation is superimposed can be chosen from this drop down menu.
- INTERFACE REFLECTION: Either an air interface or an anti reflective coating interface can be chosen as the boundary of the generation region. In the case of the ideal anti reflective coating, all light will be assumed to penetrate into the semiconductor, whereas in the air interface case, reflections from the air-semiconductor interface could take place.
A plot of the generation rate versus position will be generated on the bottom right corner of the edit window.