Bandstructure monitor is a 1D monitor that calculates the equilibrium bandstructure of adjacent materials and returns the conduction, valence, intrinsic and fermi level energies in units of ev.
- MONITOR TYPE: The monitor geometry can be chosen. It can be a point, a line in any direction, a plane normal to any of the axis or a 3D monitor.
- RECORD DATA: Choose the data of interest to record, un-check unnecessary data to save memory requirement
- X, Y, Z: The center position of the simulation region
- X MIN, X MAX: X min, X max position
- Y MIN, Y MAX: Y min, Y max position
- Z MIN, Z MAX: Z min, Z max position
- X SPAN, Y SPAN, Z SPAN: X, Y, Z span of the simulation region
- USE RELATIVE COORDINATES: If this is enabled then the monitor will use the center or the CHARGE solver as its origin (reference). If disabled then it will use the absolute center (0,0,0) as its origin.
Note: The availability is based on the SOLVER TYPE
- BANDSTRUCTURE: The conduction, valence, intrinsic and fermi level energies in units of ev are returned as a function of position, emitter voltage and base voltage.