Absorption monitors directly return information about power absorbed within the monitor volume. This monitors provides information about the density of the absorbed power within the monitor volume and the total amount of power absorbed in this volume, which is equal to the integral of the density.
Note: that both units have the power component normalized to the total power injected by the source(s) into the simulation region.
- USE LINEAR WAVELENGTH SPACING: By default, data is recorded at linearly spaced points with respect to frequency. Selecting this option spaces data at linearly spaced points with respect to wavelength.
- USE SOURCE LIMITS: When checked these monitors use the source limits. When unchecked, the frequencies/wavelengths at which to record data can be set using the pull down menus and boxes below them.
- FREQUENCY POINTS: Set to choose the number of frequency points at which to record data.
- SOLID : Select the target solid. The reference geometry is the volume of the selected solid.
- DOMAIN : Select the target domain. This is a volume enclosed by the target domain(s). If the target domain is DOMAIN 3, type 3. If the target domain are DOMAIN 3 and DOMAIN 5, enter 3,5.
- ALL DOMAINS : The target volume is the whole simulation region
- DENSITY: Spatial distribution of fraction of absorbed power per cubic meter. The power component is normalized to the source power.
- TOTAL: The total fraction of power absorbed within the monitor volume. The absorbed power is normalized to the total power injected by the source.