The Import Optical Generation (source) object allows the import of a user-defined optical generation region. The location of the object is specified via the edit window.
- X, Y, Z: The center position of the simulation region.
- APPLICABLE DOMAINS: This can be used to limit the volume over which the imported object is applicable. The object will be applied only to the volume that has an overlap between the original object volume and the selected domain.
- DOMAIN: Select the target domain. The reference geometry is the surfaces of the selected domain.
- SOLID: Select the target solid. The reference geometry is the surfaces that enclose the selected volume if the solid is a 3D shape, or the surface if the solid is a 2D plane.
- ALL DOMAINS: The object will be applied to all the available domains.
- USE RELATIVE COORDINATES: If this is enabled then the source will use the center or the CHARGE solver as its origin (reference). If disabled then it will use the absolute center (0,0,0) as its origin.
- CURRENT DATA
- DATA SET: The name of the current data that is selected.
- SELECTED ATTRIBUTE: Select the target attribute from the data set.
- PARAMETER: Lists the name of available parameters.
- SCALE FACTOR: Multiplies the dataset values by the scale factor.
- IMPORT: Opens file browser to select the data file. The file must be in Matlab format (.mat) and can contain a rectangular or unstructured (finite element) datasets. Once the file is loaded, the available datasets can be viewed and the appropriate dataset and attribute can be selected and loaded. The unit for the imported optical generation rate should be in units of m-3s-1.
- AUTOMATIC RELOAD: Script command getresult, or saving the project, will cause CHARGE to check the modification time of the file given by the import file path. If the file has been modified more recently than the dataset was last loaded, CHARGE will attempt to import the chosen dataset from the file. Automatic reload during project save will update the project as saved to disk, but is not guaranteed to immediately update the current project.