- Lumerical takes no responsibility and will not replace 'Untrusted' or 'Lost' licenses.
- You should treat your license like you would any other Valuable Asset.
- FlexNet's Trusted Storage license is a software-based license. When you are activating the license for the first time, the license manager would take a snapshot of the computer where it is installed. If there are any substantial changes to your system or hardware, the binding between the license manager and the computer might break and cause your license to become 'Untrusted'.
- We highly recommend using solid state drives (SSD) on the machine where you activate the license.
- Whenever you experience any issues on your machine, 'Deactivate' your license before doing anything on your computer.
- You can transfer the license to another machine while working on the current one then transfer it back once the repairs are done.
Tip: Use solid state drives (SSD) on your license server. If you are experiencing any signs of system or hardware issues or errors, Deactivate and transfer your license before a total system failure occurs.
Protecting your license
These activities may affect trusted storage license:
- Hardware changes; including but not limited to,
- adding or replacing RAM
- network card (NIC)
- adding or replacing NIC
- hard drive
- drive replacement or using a new drive
- using an image or a copy of the existing drive
- Re-installing or upgrading the Operating System (automatic updates)
- System clock modification
Modifications to the system clock due to traveling should not be an issue.
- Any system or hardware failure, where reinstall of the OS and/or replacement of hardware is required.
TIP: Disable automatic system updates. Use solid state drive (SSD). Deactivate and transfer your license when having problems with your machine before doing any repairs.
How to recover Untrusted or Lost license
Note: License recovery can only be done ONCE.
In the event that you 'Loose' your license or it has become 'Untrusted', please contact Ansys Lumerical Support with the following:
- License activation code(s) that has become 'Untrusted' or 'Lost'.
- Screenshot of the license activation utility;
- For Floating licenses only:
Screenshot of the FlexNet system information page where the license will be activated. See FlexLM advanced configuration guide for details on how to access this page on the FlexNet dashboard.