Protecting your license
These activities may affect your license:
- Hardware changes; including but not limited to,
- adding or replacing RAM
- network card (NIC)
- adding or replacing NIC
- hard drive
- drive replacement or using a new drive
- using an image or a copy of the existing drive
- Re-installing or upgrading the Operating System (automatic updates)
- System clock modification
Modifications to the system clock due to traveling should not be an issue.
- Any system or hardware failure, where reinstall of the OS and/or replacement of hardware is required.
Recovering your license
License recovery can only be done once (1x time).
In the event that you 'Loose' your license or it has become 'Untrusted', please contact Lumerical Support with the following:
- License activation code(s) that has become 'Untrusted' or 'Lost'.
- Screen shot of your license activation status;
- Floating license only:
Screenshot of the FlexNet system information page where the license will be activated for both Untrusted or Lost licenses. See FlexLM configuration and management guide for details.