Licenses for clusters use the Floating MAC locked license model. In this model you get a 8-character activation code that, once activated, is tied to a servers MAC address. You will need to run a license server, this can be either the master/head node or a dedicated license server (recommended for cloud environments). In addition to our traditional subscription licenses, we also offer an FDTD Cloud Pack License for use with Cloud-computing resources to deal with bursts in your workload.
FDTD Cloud Pack License
- This license package is ideal for handling bursts of work in your product development cycle by utilizing on-demand cloud compute resources for specific duration.
- Contains 1 FDTD GUI, and 10 FDTD Engine licenses.
- License is valid for 30 days after activation date.
- Multiple Cloud packs can be purchased can be activated on different dates within the license validity period.
- The Cloud pack license is based on the Floating MAC locked license model
Manual cloud pack activation
Please email the following information to email@example.com:
- License activation code, found on the license information emailed to you.
- mac address of the machine running FlexLM.
- Desired start date.
- The cloud pack will be good to use for the next 30 days from the start date.