This article outlines the default process for the online activation of a Certificate based license and obtaining the corresponding license file on the machine hosting Lumerical FlexLM. This applies to MAC locked, Triad redundant and USB Key Floating license models.
- FlexLM's activation utility
- This is the default and recommended method and requires a graphical connection.
- Linux command line activation
- This method uses the activation-console for non-graphical Linux systems where the license is going to be activated.
- Activation from a different machine
- Used when the license server does not have Internet access.
- Another machine with an Internet connection and FlexLM installation can be used to activate and obtain the license file. (i.e. Windows desktop with Internet access)
- Lumerical offline activation
- Lastly, activation will be done and license file provided by Lumerical support.
- Lumerical FlexLM version 1.13 or higher.
- Internet connection is required to activate and download the license file.
- Admin or root access.
Using FlexLM license activation utility
- Open the FlexNet license activation utility
- Navigate to 'Certificate Based Activation' tab.
- Select your license model: Floating MAC locked, Triad redundant or USB Key
- Use the following options:
- For MAC locked license:
- Select from Local MAC Address machine (the first one on the list)
- For Triad redundant license:
- Select from Local MAC Address of the machine (the first one on the list)
- Enter the other 2 MAC address of the other 2 triad servers
- For USB Key license:
- Enter the FlexID on the field provided. (i.e. 9-123AB678)
- For MAC locked license:
- Enter the Activation Code from the license information email receive from Lumerical.
- 'Activate' your license and obtain the license file.
- It will try to install the license file on the default installation location. (if done as admin/root)
- Otherwise, you will be prompted to Save the license file on a location where you have write access.
Linux command line online activation
Activation from a different machine
This process is done if the license server does not have Internet access.
- Take note of the MAC address of your license server (machine where you will install the license file).
- Do the same process outlined here but choose the option to Manually enter the mac address.
- Save the license file and install this on your license server.
Details and video summary
Offline activation by Lumerical
This is an alternative method of obtaining the license file from Lumerical support if no other machine with Internet access is available to download the license file. This will require at least 1 business day to complete the process. Contact Lumerical Support with the following information:
- Activation Code from the license information email.
- MAC address of your license server, or the 3 MAC addresses of the triad license servers, or the Flex-ID of the UBS Key.
- Email Subject: Certificate based license offline activation
- For FDTD HPC Burst licenses: specify the Start Date.
(Click here to open your email with pre-formatted message)