The INTERCONNECT reference manual provides detailed descriptions of product and solver features.
- INT 100: A self paced course intended for beginner to intermediate users with a focus on providing an understanding of the solver physics, simulation workflow and data analysis. The "My first simulation" section is a great getting started tutorial.
- INTERCONNECT in the KX: A large repository of Q&A content from the Lumerical community.
- Application gallery: Find example files, simulation methodologies and tips to help you get started quickly and easily. You can also browse the application gallery directly from within our products.
- Transient Sample/Block Mode (TSM/TBM) Simulator
- S-Parameter Simulator (SPS)
Schematic layout editor is the graphical interface to the simulation engines. It is used to setup simulations, analyze results, and to run all scripts.
- Schematic editor
- New Project
- Main title bar and Toolbar
- View ports and Full View
- Properties, Ports and Results
- Element tree and Element library
- Script prompt/Output, Script editor and Simulation Status
- Using the schematic editor
- Property Expressions
The Element Library in INTERCONNECT includes an extensive list of pre-defined photonic integrated circuit elements, including optical sources, measurement elements, and both passive and active optoelectronic devices. In addition, custom PIC elements can be defined with analytic or imported s-parameter representations via Lumerical’s script language or MATLAB.
There are 3 types of PIC elements supported by INTERCONNECT: primitive, compound and scripted elements.
Custom Library & Design Kit
- Custom Library & Design Kit
- Generate Custom Element
- Custom Element with user defined properties
- Package/Publish Compact Model Library
- Install Compact Model Library
Optimizations and Sweeps
- Parameter sweeps, Optimization and Monte Carlo analysis
- Parameter sweeps
- Sweep scripting commands
- Nested Sweeps
- Running parameter sweeps without the CAD
- Optimization scripting commands
- Monte Carlo analysis
- Monte Carlo scripting commands