This page outlines the process of installing Lumerical simulation design tools on a shared Linux filesystem. This is typical required on Linux clusters where it is more efficient to only install once and have all the nodes access the a shared drive.
- Uninstall old products (optional)
- Download and extract the installation package.
- Change directory to the extracted folders rpm directory, and install.
$ tar -zxf Lumerical-<version>.tar.gz
$ cd Lumerical-<version>/rpm_install_files
- Find all the missing dependencies, do not install at this point, the command below using "yum install" will provide you with a list of any missing dependencies that needs to be installed on your system to run Lumerical.
$ sudo yum install Lumerical-<version>.rpm
- Install the missing dependencies on you cluster.
sudo yum install <missing_package>
- Install Lumerical to a custom location.
$ sudo rpm --prefix=/<your_custom_path>/ Lumerical-<version>.rpm