This page outlines the process of installing Lumerical simulation design tools on a shared Linux filesystem. This is typical required on Linux clusters where it is more efficient to only install once and have all the nodes access the a shared drive.
Download and extract the installation package
- Uninstall old products (optional)
- Download the latest release
- Change directory to the extracted folders rpm directory, and install.
$ tar -zxf Lumerical-<version>.tar.gz
$ cd Lumerical-<version>/rpm_install_files
Check for missing dependencies
- Do Not Install at this point, the command below using "yum install" will provide you with a list of any missing dependencies that needs to be installed on your system to run Lumerical.
$ sudo yum install Lumerical-<version>.rpm
Install missing dependencies
- Using yum install the missing packages/dependencies.
sudo yum install <missing_package>
Install Lumerical to a custom location
- Install to a custom or the shared network location
$ sudo rpm -ivh --prefix=/<your_custom_path>/ Lumerical-<version>.rpm