This page outlines the process of installing Lumerical simulation design tools on a shared Linux filesystem on a RHEL/CentOS platform. This is typically required on Linux clusters where it is more efficient to only install once and have all the nodes access the shared location.
Download and extract the installation package
- Uninstall old products (optional)
- Download the installation package
- Change directory to the extracted folders rpm directory.
$ tar -zxf Lumerical-<version>.tar.gz
$ cd Lumerical-<version>/rpm_install_files
Check for missing dependencies
- Do Not Install at this point, the command below using "yum install" will provide you with a list of any missing dependencies that need to be installed on your system to run Lumerical.
$ sudo yum install Lumerical-<version>.rpm
Install missing dependencies
- Using yum install the missing packages/dependencies.
sudo yum install <missing_package>
Install Lumerical to a custom location
- Install to a custom or the shared network location
$ sudo rpm -ivh --prefix=/<your_custom_path>/ Lumerical-<version>.rpm